Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Pole vault is one of the most dangerous events in track and field. As much as it is known for its spectacle, athletes have suffered serious injuries as a result of competing and training in the pole vault.
It’s essential that athletes and coaches that are participating in the pole vault event exert caution to protect the athlete from the risk of injury.
Some of the risks include:
- The athlete not landing in the pole vault mats
- The pole slipping from the athlete’s hands
- The pole hitting the athlete
- The athlete hurting themselves on the uprights.
- The pole breaking/snapping through the jump
Below are a few videos
What do you struggle with when doing pole vault?
- Can’t rock back properly?
- Can’t turn properly?
- Not planting the pole properly?
- Not enough speed in your run-up.
- Keep on hitting the bar
- Don’t know how to get to the next level in pole vault?
- Need to run faster?
Want to become a great pole vaulter?
Learn the steps that it takes to become a world class pole vaulter from the very beginning.
Want to improve your pole vault performance?