Pole vault is one of the most dangerous events in track and field. As much as it is known for its spectacle, athletes have suffered serious injuries as a result of competing and training in the pole vault.
It’s essential that athletes and coaches that are participating in the pole vault event exert caution to protect the athlete from the risk of injury.
Some of the risks include:
- The athlete not landing in the pole vault mats
- The pole slipping from the athlete’s hands
- The pole hitting the athlete
- The athlete hurting themselves on the uprights.
- The pole breaking/snapping through the jump
Below are a few videos